I have been following the +Project Glass and the videos posted by people who have been given the chance to try out the Glass. All of them seem to be so excited and surprised positively by the greatness of this new device set to be released publicly by the end of 2013.
My concern was basically a safety one, at least in the very beginning. I can foresee in the near future, when the Glass will be worn by thousand of people, the safety issues that wearing such a device while walking on a busy downtown area is going to raise, or worst what I called #GWD (Glassing While Driving) if people will decide that it is going to be cool to have the Glass in the car for further assistance while looking for a particular spot .
After watching various videos of people trying the Glass, I noticed (and you are welcome to do the same) that people who are wearing it and trying it, tend to cross their eyes upward in an awkward manner.
I asked +Gary Levin who has worked for decades on people’s eyes as a doctor, to tell me what he thinks about it.
Stay tuned for some answers in the future.
- How to use Google Glass
- First Look: Evernote for Google Glass
- If you thought Google Glass is dorky, check out what early prototypes looked like
- Google Reveals How To Hack Google Glass Device And Void Your Warranty
- Could This Be the Future of Google Glass?
- Google Glass not for kids under 13
- Man Trusts GPS More Than Own Eyesight And Drives Down Some Stairs
- Now Here’s An Interesting Problem About Google Glass And Prescription Lenses
- First Look: Evernote for Google Glass (evernote.com)
- Google Glass Gains Facebook, Twitter, Other Social Apps (eweek.com)
- #12 The Future Is Now: Google GLΛSS (nikbrownlee.wordpress.com)
- If you thought Google Glass is dorky, check out what early prototypes looked like (digitaltrends.com)
- Facebook, Twitter launch apps for Google Glass (news.in.msn.com)
- Google’s wearable Glass gadget: cool or creepy? (news.yahoo.com)
- Google Glass Privacy Concerns Raised By Congress: Questions Asked To Larry Page [POLL] (latinospost.com)
- How to use Google Glass (aftertheclock.com.au)
- Google’s Voice: Larry Page Explains Why He Went Silent Last Year (readwrite.com)
- Google CEO Larry Page says his voice loss was caused by vocal cord paralysis (theverge.com)
- Google’s Larry Page reveals where his voice went (theglobeandmail.com)
- Google CEO Larry Page Goes Public About His Vocal Cord Paralysis (macgasm.net)
- Google CEO discloses vocal cord problem (news.terra.com)
- Google’s Larry Page Diagnosed With Vocal Cord Paralysis (pcmag.com)
- Larry Page enlists Harvard to fight his vocal chord issues (sfgate.com)
- Larry Page reveals the reason behind his year-long silence (bizjournals.com)
- physorg: Larry Page to keep Google helm despite vocal cord paralysis (phys.org)
- Google CEO Larry Page Reveals Surgery Fix For His Hoarse Voice (forbes.com)
Google Translate has added five more Languages that include all together more than 183 million people around the World. Hat Tip Google for helping braking the barriers
Thinking of a way to make money with the “Glass”? Well do not try sell it on E-bay or nowhere else, if you get caught you’ll lose your +Google+ account immediately. I stated my personal thoughts on the Glass on this public comment on the +Washington Post ”I think the Glass is a great tool. My primary concern is on safety though. Can you see a few hundred pedestrians walking around a busy downtown street, three or four years from now, trying to talk to their Glasses and attempting to cross the street during rush hours…Watch out for that taxicab! Ouch..too late!
What about abusing the Glass while driving? West Virginia is already trying to outlaw the use of these gadgets fearing it may distract the driver from a busy task like driving.
Time will tell. I doubt it’ll work (safety wise). The tech appeal of course is great (like the price a bit too high for regular pockets).
Good luck (on crossing the streets)” (pio dal cin )” So I think that the +Google new product will be a hit, (even without the safety mentioned above). If you are one of those believers that there is a simple smart way to cash in . Just break the Glass down in its components +TechCrunch has a great series of articles on it, and buy stocks on the companies involved in the making of the Glass.
- Marc Andreessen Is Blown Away By Google Glass: ‘Oh My God, I Have The Entire Internet In My Vision” (GOOG) (businessinsider.com)
- Next generation Google Glass may look like your normal sunglasses, come with 2 see-through displays (unwiredview.com)
- Google Glass: Arizona grandmother to test out latest Google gadget (azfamily.com)
- Weirdo with the glasses (appleisblack.wordpress.com)
- Marc Andreessen on Google Glass: ‘Oh my God, I have the entire Internet in my vision’ (bgr.com)
- Google Glass – Innovating A Social Failure (siliconvalleywatcher.com)
- Google Glass predicted to ship by the millions (androidcommunity.com)
- Google Glass: Here Come the Apps (thediplomat.com)
- Google Glass privacy concerns come to the head (zdnet.com)
- Google Glass Users May Be Able To Take Photos By Simply Winking (ubergizmo.com)
|Image via CrunchBase|
(by pio dal cin) In the Eighties when I was an “assault” photojournalistgoing from war to war dodging bullets and avoiding landmines to establish myself in the media world as a freelance, I was elated when the +The Associated Press offered me to “string” for them in the North Eastern part of Italy.
They would call me at anytime of the day sending me on a particular assignment. I was working exclusively with film and I would develop my own in my small but efficient dark room. The photos were sent via a slow modem. It took about twenty minutes to send a picture into the mainRome office.
I was happy. I felt to be a part of a great photo agency and it was very rewarding for me.
Many years have gone by and the era of digital has hit the photojournalism like a tornado. Suddenly everyone could be a reporter, given a camera (or a smartphone) and being at the right place at the right time it’s all that takes, no previous photojournalistic background required.
With this situation I would have expected that great agencies like +The Associated Press , +Reuters would clean up their guns and get one step ahead right? Wrong.
On the Boston Marathon‘s bombing that I have followed step by step on myTwitter account I realized that most of the news were updated immediately by citizen’s journalism effort, faster that any other newspaper or news agency (with the sole exception of the Boston Globe who was right on top of the news).
Tonight I red about a Guardian’s Article about a tweet from AP that managed to send the Dow plunging.
What is wrong with you +The Associated Press ? Have you so radically changed that the news are given out without first making sure of the source? (rule number one for great journalism). You need a remodeling job probably. You should be one step ahead, not one step behind citizens trying to cover a news.
If you are short on staff I am available.
Twenty minutes ago, as I was watching +CNN LIVE from Watertown Mass. One of the correspondent of Wolf Blitzer reported hearing exchange of gunshots from four to five people, then nothing. It seems like a critical moment in this ordeal is being reached. Heavy Police activity is going on as I write. I am writing as this unfolds. +CNN reports that the suspect is still alive, but it is not easy to sort the good news from the best news.
The work of a journalist is to report the truth, not to make up the story to make it “more appealing”. That is what I always did when reporting a breaking news: caution before releasing a statement that can easily backfire.
Based on my experience I would venture into saying that “this is it”. It is a matter of hours if not of minutes before the whole ordeal is over. There are ambulances on the scene on Franklin street. As I resume writing the chances that he is now pinned down by police are very very high. They are probably trying to capture him alive and they are using all the possible caution. Flash bombs and tear gas bombs seem to have been fired too as this seem to be a standoff that is going to keep us awake all night
- Boston Marathon explosion: What we know now (al.com)
- LIVE UPDATES: manhunt underway in Watertown, MA for Boston Marathon bombing suspect (voicerussia.com)
- Boston bombing suspects ID’d; 1 killed, 1 at large (wtvm.com)
- One Boston Bombing Suspect Dead, Other On The Loose (fox2now.com)
- Ted Turner to CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on what he misses about CNN: “The action. Lots of action.” (cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com)
- Dianne Feinstein Tells Wolf Blitzer She ‘Felt Patronized’ By ‘Arrogant’ Ted Cruz During Senate Gun Debate (mediaite.com)
- FBI releases images of Boston bombing suspects (PHOTOS, VIDEO) (baltimorenewsjournal.com)
- FBI releases video, images of Boston Marathon suspects (fox59.com)
This is a sad story about a young kid who went to see his dad run the Boston Marathon and was at the wrong place at the wrong time. A couple of years ago he was photographed holding a sign that says “NO MORE HURTING PEOPLE. PEACE” as you can see by clicking on the link above.
What a terrible loss. How many children do we have to lose to insanity and hatred? Is this the Country that our forefathers fought so hard for? Is this the Freedom that we have conquered fighting wars and terror both abroad and at home? The time for a change has come. Enough of the killing of children, teachers, dads moms,brothers and sisters. Why do we have to pursue hatred instead of Love ? What if that child was our own? What if that child was of the evil person who placed the bombs?
Every child that dies on Earth from Newtown to Aurora, from Damascus to Rome leave us human beings impoverished . We must change the killing and the hatred into Love and Compassion. We are all tired of the breaking news bringing us images of death and dispair.
Sting wrote in one of his songs “I hope the Russians love their children too” Don’t we all? From the North to the South Pole of this battered Planet, where we are “implanted” to live for a short span of time ? We are all going to die one day, so why do we keep on killing each other? What is wrong with us?
One last thought for the evil people who carried out this last massacre. Look into Martin’s eyes while is holding his sign “NO MORE HURTING PEOPLE” and think at what you did to that family tthat was spending a holiday together. Look at what you did to a City, Boston and its people. Look what you did to a Country, and then look at yourself in the mirror.
One day you will face death too. It may come fast, or slow, who knows. On that day you will think at what you did yesterday and your tears will not grant you a second more on this Planet. Then you will close your eyes and you will be among those considered the scum of humanity.
- Restaurant manager, 8-year-old among bomb victims (blueridgenow.com)
- Boston Marathon Video Tour – During The Race (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Boston Marathon bombing victim, 8, recalled as spirited (ndtv.com)
- Boy, 8, killed in Boston blast wrote, ‘No more hurting people’ (fox59.com)
- Eight-year-old killed in Boston Marathon bombing remembered as ‘vivacious’ child who loved to run, climb (theprovince.com)
- YOUNGEST VICTIM: Boy, 8, Killed in Bombing While Cheering on Runners (foxnews.com)
- 8-year-old boy killed in Boston Marathon bombings was ‘vivacious,’ loved to run and climb (nj.com)
- Police identify boy killed in Boston blasts (ktvb.com)
- Marathon bombing victim, 8, recalled as spirited (kfwbam.com)
- Martin Richard, 8, killed in Boston Marathon blast (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Explosions At Boston Marathon (wreg.com)
- Explosions At Boston Marathon. Please Stop and Pray (boltbeat.com)
- Boston Marathon hit by explosions (bbc.co.uk)
- Canadians caught in aftermath of explosions at the Boston Marathon finish line (globalnews.ca)
- Photos: Explosions at Boston Marathon (wwltv.com)
- Report: Explosion at Boston Marathon leaves multiple injuries (al.com)
- Multiple Deaths in Explosions at Boston Marathon (businessinsider.com)
- Boston police: 3rd explosion at library (wxyz.com)
(by pio dal cin) Two people dead and several injuries are reported at the Boston Marathon
Two bombs apparently went off shortly after the race was over. Two people were reported killed by the explosions and at least 64 were injured
- Photos: Explosions at Boston Marathon (wwltv.com)
- Explosions Reported At The Boston Marathon; Dozens Injured [Updating] (deadspin.com)
- Explosions rock Boston Marathon (essentialprepper.com)
- Boston Marathon bombing leaves dozens injured (PHOTOS) (baltimorenewsjournal.com)
- BREAKING: Explosions Disrupt Boston Marathon (woldcnews.com)
- Report: Explosion at Boston Marathon leaves multiple injuries (al.com)
- Explosions Go Off at Finish Line of Boston Marathon (bluecoastlive.wordpress.com)
- Boston Marathon Explosions: Police Cite Possible Terrorist Attack (hollywoodlife.com)
- Many Injured After 2 Explosions Near Boston Marathon Finish Line (praisecharlotte.com)
“H.B. 3057, introduced in the West Virginia legislature a few days ago, looks to add language to existing rules on traffic safety to include a ban on “using a wearable computer with head mounted display,” described as “a computing device which is worn on the head and projects visual information into the field of vision of the wearer.” Another issue is raised what about strip joints? NBC tech has a very interesting article here about the places where the new “toy” from +Google is not going to be welcome.
Personally I raised the question a few days ago in one of my Google plus post on and about the safety of the “Glass” worn by distracted people in Cities and bumping into each other or worst, getting runned over by trucks or taxicab as they will be distracted by this interesting object that is about to be Launched by Google soon.
Only time will tell. So let us wait and see what the impact of this $1,500 is going to be when it will reach the US markets by the end of 2013 beginning of 2014
- West Virginia May Ban Google Glass-ing While Driving (allthingsd.com)
- Should The Government Ban The Use Of Google Glass While Driving? (webpronews.com)
- Google Glass May be Banned in West Virginia Even Before Official Debut (scienceworldreport.com)
- Lawmakers planning to ban use of Google Glass during driving (thedroidguy.com)
- The new DUI: State may make it illegal to drive while using Google Glass (venturebeat.com)
- Google Glass While Driving May be Banned in West Virginia (natureworldnews.com)
- Google Glass Could Be Banned for Drivers in West Virginia (wired.com)
- Lawmakers want to ban use of Google Glass while Driving (androidauthority.com)
- West Virginia Lawmaker Seeks To Ban Drivers From Wearing Head Mounted Displays Like Google Glass (techcrunch.com)
- Google Glass May Not Be Welcome for Drivers in West Virginia (eweek.com)
She saw a beautiful colorful stone on the bottom of the stream, partially hidden by the rocks. She picked it up and realized that it was ia precious gem.
She placed into her bag and kept walking.
Few miles up the mountain she encountered a man who stopped her and asked her for some food as he was lost, tired and hungry.
She opened her bag. He saw the precious stone and asked her if she could give the gem to him.
She silenty agreed and gave the man the stone.
The man was very happy when he realized that the stone was enough for him to live rich and happy for the rest of his life.
A few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman “I’ve been thinking” He said.
“I know how valuable the stone is, but I want to give it back to you with the hope that you can give me something even more precious.
Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone” -Author Unknown-
Di chi la colpa? Su chi puntare il dito? Innanzitutto diciamo che la cosa stride in maniera pazzesca con gli stpendi da urlo, le pensioni d’oro e le buone uscite delle quali sono privilegiati tutti i nostri Parlamentari (clicca qui per leggere in dettaglio)
Da destra a sinistra tutto il Parlamento è responsabile dello stillicidio che si è andato verificando negli ultimi mesi tra imprenditori e pensionati. Certo è facile per un gruppo o per l’altro far rimbalzare le colpe e scaricare le responsabilità.
Io dico che se fossi un membro del Pd del Pdl del Movimento Cinque stelle, della Lista Civica Monti, o uno dei qualsiasi gruppi o partiti presenti in Parlamento oggi, sabato 6 Aprile 2013, mi sentirei completamente responsabile di queste morti, non ci sono scuse o alibi per cui si possa scaricare la colpa su qualcun altro.
Chi ha governato negli ultimi vent’anni, chi governa ora, chi NON governa ora, chi sta perdendo tempo in una situazione a dir poco esplosiva.
Sedetevi, ragionate, e prendete le misure necessarie per arginare questo fenomeno che sta assumendo i contorni di una vera e propria tragedia Nazionale. Come?
Cominciate ad innalzare le pensioni minime ad almeno un “minimo” di 1000- 1200 Euro, in modo da far respirare chi ha lavorato una vita sputando sangue in una fabbrica magari facendo turni impossibili, e che ora, con 400 Euro non ha nemmeno i soli per garantirsi una vita degna di essere chiamata tale, mentre voi tutti percepite stipendi assurdi per non combinare assolutamente un tubo
VERRA’ UN GIORNO…
Verrà un giorno anche per voi, nel quale non riuscirete a sottrarvi alla Giustizia Divina. Quando, sul letto di morte, dopo aver rubato e scialacquato quello che è del Popolo Italiano, dovrete anche voi fare i conti e tirare le somme della vostra inutile esistenza. Dovrete confrontarvi con la vostra stessa immagine e coscienza, e forse, solo allora, capirete quanto male avete fatto ai vostri simili, colpevoli solamente di aver delegato a degli innetti la gestione della cosa pubblica.
Scrivo questo post a nome di tutti gli imprenditori e i poveri pensionati che hanno deciso di togliersi la vita pressati dalle tasse, da inutili e soffocanti burocrazie,da ingiustizie sociali che gridano vendetta al cospetto di Dio. Se potessero dire loro queste parole, lo farebbero, ma hanno deciso di andarsene in silenzio, in un silenzio che dev’essere assordante per tutti voi che non riuscite a prendere delle decisioni necessarie per salvare i passeggeri di una Nave, l’Italia che sta lentamente sprofondando nelle sabbie mobili che voi stessi avete creato.
Voi, Voi chi? Da sinistra a destra, tutti, senza esclusione. Tutti.
To make a long story short, from the beginning of time till today, not one single email was spared from the “eraser”.
I begun thinking at all the things I did before this happened. I was deleting my trash folder, I wasn’t even touching the others. This is kind of insane.
I always trusted Gmail and often suggested my friends who were not using it to start doing so, as, I told them “Gmail is the best email system around” They improved a lot in the past two years and I was enjoying the experience they provided specially with spam control.
Now I try to think and find out what happened to all my precious emails and the nightmare of not being capable of retreiving them. Too bad so sad.
Perhaps I did something I wasn’t supposed to do? If I did though, should not be there a system preventing someone who is not tech inclined like my grandmother from erasing ALL the MAIL in one second?
I tought I wrote this to warn all +Gmail users to be really careful. If this has happened to me it can also happen to you, so BE CAREFUL, losing ALL YOUR MAIL IS A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.
(by pio dal cin)
Easter Time, for those who believe in Jesus is a very special time; a time for meditation and renewal. I was lucky enough in my life to visit the Holy Land three times. The visit has touched me deeply, as the Land still holds a magical feeling, amidst all the problems, of the glorious past of Prophets and Patriarchs who walked on that Holy Land. Holy for the Christians, the Jews, the Muslims.
There will be a day, I believe, when all religions will focus more on Spirituality than on their own self proclamation. We are all children of the same Universe and religion should not be a matter of fight but a bond of union among men.
Till that day will come I will keep following the religious leader who sponsor this philosophy, not by their words, but by their actions, like Pope Francesco is doing with His wonderful, humble, simple ways that have captured the attention of many around the world, as with the Spirit of Saint Francis, is teaching us that Jesus’s teachings can be actual today more than ever, where solitude and emargination abound as real plagues of our times, where we die by obesity in the Western world while people die of starvation in the Third world and the simple need for water is not met by more than one billion people around the planet.
Mar 26, 2013 - Public
- Pope Francesco. The power of humility.Many fear for His life (piodalcin.wordpress.com)
- Good Friday events in Holy Land kick off with mass (foxnews.com)
- The new Pope? Who will He be? A fool’s prediction(mine) (piodalcin.wordpress.com)
(by pio dal cin)
(by pio dal cin) Lo Lo sapevamo tutti. Lo sapeva Bersani e lo sapeva Napolitano. Il Governo non si sarebbe fatto. Quello che non riesco a capire è il perchè Napolitano abbia conferito il mandato a Bersani che se l’è presa con una dannata calma, come il condannato che si avvia al patibolo senza fretta.
Il nuovo volto di Bersani